14 Apr When You Wake up…
For most of us waking up in a world that is still asleep is a very harsh and difficult experience. Having not fully gone to sleep in the first place, the realization that everyone around you is fast asleep can sometimes take years if not decades. And in between, there is this feeling, knowing, that something is seriously wrong with “reality”. But as everyone else seems to tell you, think, and believe, that all is well, then that “wrongness” is internalized as something personal. Often you become convinced that there is something seriously wrong with you.
So you spend the next few years, decades, trying to make yourself “right”, “normal”. This can happen in many forms, but two are most common: One is to do everything possible to make yourself fit into the agreed reality, where fear, war, pollution, and having to pay to live on this planet is “normal”. The second one is to make “normal reality” be wrong and step into a journey of discovery and expansion that makes what you feel and “know” to be right. Yet, all the time fitting, recruiting, and finding others who are also awake, waking up, or “wrong” to society at large.
Eventually, you decide it’s actually OK to be “different”. This can come about by your inner voice, or an expression of your inner voice through your environment. What follows is usually an insatiable desire for knowledge, information, data and connection with others who you perceive are also awake.
This moment is when you are most vulnerable. You are both wide open to influence because that’s how society has programmed you, aware enough to know that there is more to life than a 9-5 job, for example, but not aware of the millions of spiritual predators out there ready and willing to “give you the only solution”, “make you feel special”, “show you the secrets of the universe”, “heal you”… and many other assortments and colors of giving away your power to them.
It’s a jungle out there, and you are like a babe in the woods.
There is no easy solution to this process. We can fall to so many traps, and seeing them for what they are can sometimes be something we don’t want to do. But here is a list that might help:
1. There is no Spiritual Journey except the one you create.
2. Never look outside of yourself for answers, solutions, light, enlightenment, Oneness, or Source.
3. No person out there can heal you with their private parts (yes, this is actually quite a common “tool” used by “gurus”).
4. Don’t study or accept “interpretations” of teachings. Always go to the source of the teaching and read and study the original work.
5. Know that there is no “only solution”, “only practice that works” or “one truth” to anything. Anyone peddling the only solution for anything is to be avoided at all costs, no matter how enlightened, well respected, loved and good they are.
6. YOU are the ultimate authority on what is real, true, and good for you. ALWAYS follow your knowing, your intuition, listen to your body and don’t do anything that feels a bit off.
7. Realize that we tend to excuse and rationalize away the red flags, and negative actions of others, especially if we are close to them, want to be close to them, or want their approval.
8. You are the only one who can discover you, approve you, and give you permission to experience a life of joylightlove.
9. Hug your body yourself often 🙂
10. Realize that you are the bridge into the New Paradigm. That it’s not about “waking others up” but being yourself fully, in full authenticity and integrity that you show the way.
For a more in depth exploration get “Spiritual Predators“.